Thursday, January 22, 2009

Cover up.

I know I'm not the first person to write about this topic. In fact, I read a post about it just the other day. But there's a reason it is blogged about with such intense frequency and fervor:

IT IS TOTALLY NOT COOL TO WALK AROUND NAKED IN THE LOCKER ROOM AT THE GYM.

I feel like it is especially bad at my gym because the locker room is SO small. There are literally only 2 benches, so when I'm sitting on one of these benches tying a shoe or something and a pair of cotton hi-cut briefs hits the floor, it is cause for great concern. It is one thing if you're changing your clothes and we all get flashed a boob. I'm even willing tolerate briefly exposed nether regions, if a woman is changing clothes or preparing to take a shower. But here's a thought: When you're walking to the shower, put a towel on. Get dressed BEFORE you go pee, put on makeup, or blowdry your hair. Just because the locker room is not, say, Times Square, doesn't mean it isn't a public place. It's a restroom, and yes, a changing room. But changing clothes usually means that when you take off one article of clothing, you REPLACE IT WITH ANOTHER. And you wouldn't get naked in the restroom at Nordstrom, would you? I don't pay to see women of all shapes and sizes disrobing all over the place. I don't subject you to my naked body, please don't subject me to yours for an extended period of time. I think the human body is beautiful, but I'll enjoy it on my terms. Thank you. Ok, I feel better.

**I apologize if I've offended anyone, especially if any readers do walk around stark naked at the gym. But seriously, put something on.

No comments: