Monday, January 19, 2009

Reading Materials, etc

My haul from Amazon has arrived in full. I'm particularly excited about "Teach Yourself Norwegian" and "Practice Makes Perfect: Spanish Verb Tenses". Let the learning commence. Mmmmm-hmmm.

Ok, truth be told, I'll probably start in on the shameless chick lit first, but maybe I'll surprise myself.

Today, by the way, was SUCH a good day. I spent the morning at home, cleaned a bit, did some laundry. Then I finally worked out...the gym was empty due to the GORGEOUS weather. So gorgeous, in fact, that I randomly pulled over into Juanita beach park on my way home and walked the boardwalk thing for awhile. And it was all couples and kids and people with dogs, and everyone was so happy. On the way back to the car, I caught a wayward frisbee to the absolute delight of the little girls throwing it. It was probably the most content I've been in awhile. Like I'm possibly, maybe, starting to see my way out of the pizza and self-loathing filled hole I've been in. I also got to bust out my sunglasses, which was equally as cool.

In other news, I don't have the baby tomorrow. I have a day off, so to speak, though hanging out with Ella while watching The Today Show and ridding Nichole's house of Christmas candy is not typically hard work. I think I'll miss her for the day though. We're getting a pretty good routine down, and the occasional screaming becomes entirely trivial when I get the first smile of the day out of her. I'll close with a photo today. Yes, it is possible to miss this:

No comments: