Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Wanted: Distraction

I must emphasize that I am liking being single. Especially after some good friends and I decided that SINGLE and ALONE are not, in fact, synonymous. However, lonely is possible. And, when you're single, so are unexpected yet satisfying drunken encounters with the guy you long ago gave up on as anything other than a booty call.

This is all hypothetically speaking, by the way.

Despite being okay with single, I can't honestly say Mr. Right (or, Mr. Where the HELL Are You?) whoever he may be, doesn't cross my mind often enough. My friend Amanda texted me the other day and said, "I'm sorry I haven't been helping with the search...how's it going?" I replied, "Oh, it's kinda slow...decided it's actually a good idea to be single for awhile."

To which she replied..."Oh, I actually meant the search for a job."

Oh.

No comments: