Sunday, October 12, 2008

Starting Over, Yet Again...

I started my Livejournal blog about two weeks before I started college. Being that I just graduated (insert squeal/gulp here) and taking into consideration that pretty much EVERYONE I know and meet has a blogspot account, it seemed appropriate to start over here. So many new beginnings are happening for me, a new blog is just another shiny new feature of life after college. I feel I'm starting over in so many ways, so it only seemed right to start a blog that doesn't feature some of the less shiny features of college life (ahem, certain relationships, er , relationshits). While I learned some truly valuable lessons from those experiences, I no longer feel the need to keep them easily accessible, both to myself and others.

So, like I was saying. New beginnings, including, but not limited to:

-The New Car. Those who were familiar with the old car and all of its, um, quirks, know that this was a long time coming. I plan to take much better care of this one. Which reminds me, it is in dire need of a bath.

-The New Computer. That's right, ye olde unwieldy Inspiron did what it came to do--got me through college, barely. It's now decided it simply cannot go another day. So I built my new Dell XPS something-or-other (every man I know would cringe at my typing that) the other day, and it should be arriving soon. I am so excited, you don't even know. I can't wait to have a truly portable computer that I can take places. I'm hoping this will help me document life a little better, blog-wise. Plus I needed it for all of the fabulous real, non-restaurant work I'll be doing. Can't forget that. Speaking of...

-The New "Job". My stepdad's company hired me as their project manager, supervising the redesign of their website. Between you and me, I have no idea what I'm doing, but am confident I'll figure it out. No math involved, so we should be good. And it should be good resume material.

- The New Places and Faces. I took my first trip to Europe, and went to Mexico with relative strangers who turned out to be completely awesome. I'm also volunteering at my church (yes, church-another new development) with the 3-year-olds, and meeting some new folks there too. One of my best friends (Jaimee) is in Korea indefinitely, so it's been excellent meeting some new and fabulous people =)

-The New Niece. No, I don't have any siblings, but I have cousins I love like sisters, and one of them, Mrs. Nichole Saucier, just gave birth to her first child, miss Ella Madison. I was honored and blessed to be one of the first to hold her, and she is so, so beautiful. Congrats to Jon and Nichole, I love you guys!

Crap, this was supposed to be a "quick" post. I am nothing if not long-winded. More soon though. As always, thanks for reading...

1 comment:

jon and nichole said...

yay!!! im so glad that you have a blog on here now.... :) and we are so freaking happy you were able to join us at the hospital this past weekend, especially with everthing being so unexpected!

love ya!