Tuesday, May 12, 2009

(Real) Update

Soooooooo....

I suppose I can fairly say that I am starting to come to terms with the whole breakup thing. What, it's only been a whole month? Splendid. With that in mind, I guess we can move on to other topics, yes?


1. Work. Yes, work! I am now employed, part-time, doing Customer Service/general office-y stuff for an online Wedding and Baby accessory retailer. The hours and pay are not ideal, but the job is tolerable, as are my coworkers, and I'm choosing to see it now as simply a means to an end.

2. School-Yes, SCHOOL. I'm going back. I'm getting a second bachelor's degree, which some might say is counterproductive, but truth be told given my undergraduate GPA, I could use another chance to make myself a little more competitive for grad school. I am going back for a psychology degree, though presently am agonizing over whether to make it a B.S. or B.A. The Bachelor of Science would be sweet, but would mean medical school, residencies, internships, years and years of it, topped off by lots and lots of research and clinical work. The money would ultimately be better, but I'm starting to think I don't really care. The B.A. would still mean much more schooling, but I'd be working sooner in a career I'd be happier in.

Alright, I guess the decision is made. My ultimate goal is to go into child and family therapy. It's my compromise for never going into teaching.


3. Fitness....So apparently it is not too far-fetched to say that love makes you fat. I DEFNITELY put on weight while my myspace status still read "in a relationship" and now that I'm not, it's time to take care of it. Besides, no sense in adding the anxiety of ill-fitting (or not fitting) clothing to my already charming repertoire that already includes moody, lonely, emotionally fragile, and borderline bipolar, yes?


I am excited for these new things to be happening, and they are happening in the nick of time, truly. I so loved my travels over the past year, meeting some new people, and spending the time with that man truly did change me for the better. But at the same time I felt like I was just wasting time with no clear sense of where to go or how to get there. And while so much is still up in the air, and I'm still hoping none of it crashes down on my head, I do feel good about things.

So it's a start, yeah?

No comments: