Saturday, May 9, 2009

Starts With Goodbye.

Okay, here's the deal.

We are not getting back together. A very wise person told me yesterday that if this person WAS the one for me, wouldn't we want the same things? Probably. His actions were starting to wear me down a bit, and it comes down to this: Life is too short to feel hopeless. I do feel sad. I will likely continue to feel sad for awhile, but as of today I feel a keen sense that the door is in fact closed for us. While we may be friends down the road, we're not ready now. And as Carrie Underwood's "Starts With Goodbye" puts it, it's going to have to hurt. I am going to feel it fully now until it gets better. And that does involve letting go of some of the good things, the things I thought I could hang on to. But I need to get back to me, and I can't do that when I keep going back to him. No texting, no calls. At least not after I get my shit back. So here goes. Finally.

And now, PLEASE enjoy the following, slightly hilarious video of the previously mentioned song, better known as my anthem for the next few days. I guess there isn't much you can do with a song they never made a video for, other than set the lyrics to the music and let it play?

No comments: