Monday, November 16, 2009

Sunday Musings.

Some thoughts on today, in no particular order:

1. The ex, if my sleuthing is accurate, is taking the new girl to Mexico.

2. I don't actually care. Done sleuthing. See #3.

3. Church was incredible this morning. Our pastor talked about experiences--good or bad, but especially the bad. Two things I drew from it, especially, are applicable to EVERYONE. One, whatever you are going through, no matter how hard it is or how horrible, someone else has gone through it, or IS going through it. You are really and truly never alone, and the more we are willing to swallow our pride and SHARE our experiences, the better off we'll be. Two, when we go through horrible, inexplicably unfair and awful things, self-inflicted or caused by others, we have a choice. We can't get out of the pain. We can't escape it, and we can't gloss over it and expect to properly heal. Tears, screaming, kicking, mania, depression--they all have their time and place. They all have to happen. GRIEF has to happen. But when it does, after it does, we all get a choice. It all comes down to vowels. Will we let our pain make us BITTER, or let it make us BETTER? It can go either way.

Me, I've made my choice.

4. My friends are amazing. I couldn't ask for more.

5. I'm going back on a diet. Seriously.

6. Advice for the day: If you're putting your iPod in your cleavage for safekeeping, put it on hold. Otherwise you may inadvertently turn up the volume and come dangerously close to serious hearing loss. Just sayin'...

2 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

Aww Jess, good list. I missed ya hun. I think I'm back for a bit now...I hope, I hope, I hope! #3 was awesome and #6 made me lol :) Have a great day hun!! ♥

Jess said...

Welcome back! Stay back! And thsnk you...hope all is well with you!