Sunday, January 24, 2010

Weekend Getaway.

I'm a little out of it today. If you'll notice, in an attempt to start following Alex's delectable blog, I somehow started following my own. I realize this appears a bit narcissistic and odd, but I'm just gonna go with it.

What a weekend. It had been SO long since our family has gone on any sort of holiday as a unit. Only 15 of the, oh, 30 of us (if you include my cousins' spouses and kiddos) were there, but it was a full house nonetheless. Speaking of houses, the place we stayed was freakin' ADORABLE. It was this big log house right on the river, all surrounded in snow and magic. Of course, I didn't manage to take a single photo of the place. In fact, the majority of my pictures are of my cousins, aunts, uncles, and myself acting like fools. Typical.

But I love it. I love their quirks and the craziness, and the fact that because we all talk at once, and talk too loudly, the volume in the room always escalated to a completely unreasonable volume. I love that we can scream "SHUT THE HELL UP" across the table and no one gets offended, or even bats an eye.

I ate too much, and drank too much, and now feel (and let's be honest, look) like an inflated version of myself. As in, seriously, it looks like someone stuck an air hose in me and went to town. Before departure last week, I had attempted to start a "detox" program. This may be a TMI, but I think in the case of the particular pills I was taking, "detox" means "Clear your body of anything you may put in it IMMEDIATELY so as to avoid absorbing any nutrients at all."

So I guess I'll have to deflate the old fashioned way. Tragic.

No comments: