Monday, March 8, 2010

Oscar Musings.

Okay, truth be told, I don't have too much to say about the Academy Awards, other than the following:

1. Why was Miley Cyrus there? Who let her onstage? Why is she SO tall?

2. I haven't actually SEEN Avatar, and I'm sure it's really good, but I am actually quite glad it didn't win Best Picture. James Cameron has enough awards, and I don't see how a movie which features blue people can win Best Picture. Okay, except Braveheart, but they were just PAINTED blue.

3. I heart Sandra Bullock. I loved her romantic comedies, and I loved her in the "The Blind Side" (one of the only nominated performances/films I actually saw)...She deserved it. Meryl Streep and Helen Mirren can take a break.

4. Dear Kristen Stewart...We know you can't act, and I am sympathetic to the fact that you are clearly ALWAYS constipated. But must you cough into the microphone? At the Oscars? Really?

That's all I got. Happy Monday!

5 comments:

♥ Kathy said...

I read that they totally left Farrah Fawcett out but honored Michael Jackson. Um Farrah was a film star...Michael was a singer. Wasn't this the Oscars or am I confused and it's the Grammy's? I loved your take on it :)

bella beautiful said...

Jess.. we should see Avatar together.. it was an amazing movie! and the blue people were so much more then blue people.. it represented so much more... didnt watch the oscars but thanks for the recap.. u summed it up quite nicely!

bella beautiful said...

lol just re-read what i wrote.. could i say "so much more" one more time?? lol

rachaelgking said...

If Avatar had won, I would have been pissed, honestly. It was fun... but that's it.

Jess said...

Kathy, I too noticed the lack of Farrah. Not okay.

Kara, I would LOVE to see Avatar, just to confirm my suspicions that it wasn't Oscar-worthy. ;)

LiLu...I know, right? I kind of compare it to if Fern Gully had won an Oscar. Though I really loved that movie.