Saturday, June 12, 2010

--aholic.

I think (know) I have an addictive personality.

This doesn't extend to anything dramatic like alcohol or heroin, but rather to men and food that are bad for me.

Okay, I suppose those are comparable to alcohol and heroin, minus the unsightly needle marks and arrests.


Anyway, this week's obsession has inadvertently been chocolate. I've been training at the new job (more on this later) and on the first day, we arrived to a basket full o' candy in the middle of the table in our conference room/hole. I don't know if it's been the shock of getting up at 5:30am daily, or the 8 hour video conference which, despite its EXTREMELY entertaining moments, can produce some serious boredom....either way, I can't stop eating the stuff. I pack uber-healthy lunches, and have worked out after work every day but one, but still end up inhaling Starburst, Tootsie Rolls, and mini Herhsey bars like my job security depends on it. Which, by the way, would be great, because I'd be set. In reality, I'd be surprised if there isn't a deduction line on my first paycheck labeled "CANDY"


So, dear readers, any suggestions? My will power is shit, so if any of you tell me "just say no", I may have to scream. Should I get more sleep? Drink more water? Bring some healthy snacks? How do you all resist temptation whilst sitting in a room for 8 hours?

No comments: