Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Minutiae.

Yep, definitely just spell-checked "minutiae".

Because, at the moment, it's really all I have to talk about. Which is a good thing, I guess.

I'm finding my attempts at getting in shape a bit half-assed, as of late. Yes, excessive sickness has not been a huge help, but as of now there is nothing really holding me back. I did make it to yoga yesterday. I loved it. The studio I went to believes in "warm" yoga--that is, a room kept at 87 degrees fahrenheit. I've done some hot yoga in the past. Here are some of the differences I noted, yesterday:

- I did not involuntarily curse upon entering the room.
- A pool of sweat did not collect on my mat/towel.
- No one sweat on me.
- I never once felt like I was going to vomit, pass out, or die.
- I didn't spend half the class lying on the mat, wishing desperately for it to end, all the while wondering why it has to be SO DAMN HOT.


In other words, I actually got to DO the poses, for the entire class, rather than attempting them and then giving up because it was too hot/sweaty/slippery/terrible.

So we'll call that a win. I literally JUST stepped off my treadmill, after 3 minutes or so. Note: My treadmill faces a wall. No TV, no changing scenery, no people watching. I found it a bit insufferable. Obviously. Here's where I start to frustrate myself...shouldn't I want it badly enough to stare at a wall for 40 measly minutes? Then again, if I'm hoping to stick with any sort of workout regimen, shouldn't there be some aspect of enjoyment to the whole thing?

Anyway, in other news, as those of you who are friends with me on Facebook may have noticed, I'm trying to complain less, in general. (My last post excluded, apparently?) Truth be told, I have way too much to be thankful for, blessings beyond what anyone deserves. My focus should always, ALWAYS be on those things. Perhaps you, dear readers, can help stick to this little endeavor. Call me out on my whining, please!

Unless really bad things happen, of course. I get a free pass for those.

No comments: