Saturday, April 4, 2009

Little bit of this, little bit of that

Oh hey there!

Today was fun. REALLY fun. Took the man to the airport this afternoon...have not done this for anyone but family members and Jaimee in the past, and it was kinda nice, other than the fact that yes, I'll miss him. It was also his first time in the car with me behind the wheel for more than half a mile. He did well.

Post-airport, I drove up to Seattle to celebrate Jaimee's graduation from her ESL program. There were only 4 people in the intensive class, and they all went out with the instructor after the ceremony. I joined in, and had SO. MUCH. FUN. I learned quickly that when my lovely BFF is stuck in a room with four other individuals for fourweeks straight, no topic is off limits. Including me, I suppose. At the mere mention of my name, they all sort of went "Oh, so YOU'RE Jessica!!!" Happy Hour began in earnest, life stories were told, and I found myself discussing religion, healthcare, sex, relationships, marriage, death, drug use, mental disorders, what have you, with relative strangers. Once we sobered up a bit, Jaimee and I went to dinner and caught up for awhile.

Let's see...I have this week "off", meaning I don't watch Ella. It also means I'll be needing to find a job, as in, tomorrow. But then, tomorrow is Saturday. Monday I drive up to my aunt and uncle's to housesit....Thursday, Lindsay and I see BRITNEY, which will bring my list of Artists To See Live Before I Die that much closer to completion. Less than six hours after Britney goes offstage, I board a flight to Phoenix, where I'll spend four days pretending to golf, sprawled out on a plastic chair in front of the pool, and catching up with my grandparents. Should be a good trip, and I am SO looking forward to being somewhere that it doesn't SNOW IN APRIL. Yes, that did really happen here this week. Twice.

Suppose that's all for now, being that it is now fourteen minutes past "why the hell am I still up???"

1 comment:

♥ Kathy said...

Wow the trip sounds great! And so do you :D I'm glad to hear you sounding more positive! Be safe!! But have fun :)